We believe offering a work-life balance for our staff is the right thing to do. We support colleagues with wide ranging care responsibilities and we have won industry awards in recognition of our work in this area.
• Winner – 2016 Scotland’s most Family Friendly Third Sector Employer
• Winner – 2015 Institute of Directors Award for Family Friendly and Flexible Working
We strive to buy all our services from social enterprises and local business where possible. These include the Broomhouse Centre, FreshStart and Paper Plus.
We pay a real living wage to all our employees and, where it is traceable, through suppliers.
We support the entry of young people into the labour market and have worked with the Edinburgh Guarantee to offer three young people employment opportunities. All three young people successful moved onto employment.
Where possible we:
• Recycle and minimise all our waste using social enterprise Changeworks.
• Purchase sustainable office products.
• Use public transport where possible.
• Utilise flexible working to avoid time and costs associated with commuting.
We work with experts from the voluntary, public, private and academic sectors. Get in touch if you want to help us build a better Scotland.Speak to us.